Title: The Beginning of Wisdom
Text: Proverbs 1:1-7
- What verses apply to me today?
- Where have I seen this in others?
- Where have I seen this in my own life?
- Solomon, King of Israel [v1].
- 1 Kings 3.
- Proverbs [v1]
- Little models of reality that expound on the fundamental realities of life.
- Proverbs are not promises.
- To develop deep character [v2- wisdom and instruction].
Wisdom” skill, expertise, competence to understand how life works best.
- straight thinking [v2- understand words of insight].
Key theme for all of Proverbs:
- Fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.
- To fear God is to reverence God.